Kalpa Wall Calendar 2018
This Kalpa Wallcalendar displays the beauty of The Provence in France in 12 images with the typical Lavendal-colour Purple coming back on each page.
- While lavender is grown across a broad swathe of upland Provence, my favourite region is the Pays de Forcalquier, in the department of Alpes de Haute-Provence.
- Not just because the stripy fields undulate so enticingly across the hilly landscape, making this glorious walking country.
- All of which gives it a very different feel from the adjacent Pays de Vaucluse and Luberon, which are the epitome of the Provencal ideal as celebrated by Peter Mayle in A Year in Provence and its sequels
- The air up here is so pure and the night skies so clear that the French chose it as the site for the national observatory.
- From hilltops, there are fine views of the surrounding mountains: Mont Ventoux, whose bare limestone flanks glisten deceptively like snow under the midday sun; the Montagne de Lure to the north and the Luberon, cloaked in oak forest and garrigue, to the south-west.
- A number of GR (grandes randonnées) hiking routes that wind around these mountains all come together here, so keen walkers are spoilt for choice.
- The lavender fields are more broken up by copses and patches of forest offering welcome shade than those on the plateau of Valensole further south.
Specifications of calendar:
- It's a wall calendar 2018 from January to December.
- Size of calendar is 31,5 x 45 cm.
- Printed on FCS certified paper which is eco-friendly.